Wednesday, February 2, 2011

stealth poetry begins

Just for fun... I wrote a poem on the way to work last week.  It felt subversive to write with a pen, on a lined page in my exercise book, sitting amongst the e-book readers, swiping their screens; the commuters plugged into music...  it was a challenge to write a poem before the train arrived (late) at Flinders Street Station. 

I tore the page out, folded it up, wrote "Free Poem" on the outside and tucked it under my bottom!  Heart thumping, lest someone should call out 'excuse me, you left something behind'...  (under my behind!)... I got off the train, leaving the poem on the seat.

I did it again this morning.  Anyone can do it.  Even you.  You can leave it behind anywhere you like... tell us where you left it, how you felt, maybe you remember what you wrote...  perhaps you tucked it into a library book, or under the salt shaker in a cafe...

Stealth poets write in public, they leave their poems behind & write stealthpoets.blogspot.com     We want to hear from the finders!

2 comments:

Robert said...

Robert thinks...Such a fine idea. Despite no talent for this, will try it. Thanks Carmel

Daniella said...

I think it is the most brilliant idea Carmel, I am no good at Poems, so "thought of the day" will be my contribution :)